7/16/08

The real "processed" food is when you think about what you eat

This is not a novel idea. But each individual must discover their own process surrounding food. This is to say; no understanding about the history of food in various cultures, no tradition that one can refer to, can change the reality that each person must discover own intimate discourse with self that occurs when ingesting. That being said. Here is what happened next...

I ate three things:
A fat free sugar free popsicle from a vending machine in Chuckee Cheese(the only moderate choice)
A piece of Chocolate Cake(after I received a wonderful phone call)
A foccacia sandwich with chicken and real lettuce(only after offered to me and out of respect and friendship was it eaten)

All these things were eaten with the memory of what occured around the ingestion. I was holding back from consumption in a place where consumption and noise reigns king, or at least shares the title with an ominous band of oversized stuffed mammals and one duck. I was really in a state of shock, with the reality that I am going to be spending some time alone sinking in, while being with so many people physically inside of one building. Food is not what you need when you feel that way. The senna leaf was also kicking in.
I was on the beginning of a cleanse, but I was doing it the hard way. You see. I forgot I was going to be at Chuckee Cheese later. I drank the Senna thinking I would be buying lemons and good syrup and drinking only the cleanse. It went differently because I couldn't get the right ingredients and my plan was only to begin the cleansing now. The processing is actually spending time thinking about what comes in and why. That much I am truly beginning.

I decided later on that I would only buy vegetables and cleanse through diet at first. The safeway didn't have Grade B Maple syrup. I decided then and there that I would buy beets. Beets represent cleaner to me. They have dinner and breakfast in them. Before I went to the store I went on really long run. I ate greens with lemon and cumin seeds that evening and rested in the sheer ability to fall asleep alone and tired, but with a pleasant feeling.

day
Breakfast in the morning was apple, carrot, and beet smoothie. It was thick and warm. It felt good to be so good. My thoughts were of handling jealousy as I made the smoothie. I tried to think about my own good qualities. I didn't intentionally think of this as I blended the fruit and vegetables; my mind presented itself to me. I decided to do more exercise because it makes me feel good about myself. I had a yam for lunch and went through all my waiting bills and papers. I have found that processing more consciously leads to organization of the nubulae surrounding finances.
I had a massage which I had scheduled last week.
I took the beets and the carrots and ate the other half of the apple and a packet of rice spaguetti. I drove for 45 minutes.
I then went and gave a massage which I scheduled yesterday.
Later I made dinner of the noodles, beet greens, onions, garlic, and carrots with a thai peanut sauce. I felt great. I felt like I was transcending the deep lonliness of lonliness with a feeling of healthy solitude. To top off this fudge sundae of self-understanding, I watched "About Schmidt" and vowed that I will avoid the misery of marriage somehow. With that I fell asleep to interesting dreams.
That, was an evening, a day, and a night processed by a human being.